To experience the most out of your Jammi & Me candle we invite you to follow the candle care tips. These will help ensure that you maximise the candle’s life and fragrance.
- THE WICK -
All Jammi & Me candles feature a double cotton wick which require trimming regularly. We recommend trimming the wicks 6-8mm each time before you re-light your candle. However, when trimming be mindful not to trim too close to the base, or cut the wick too short, otherwise you may not be able to re-light your candle. Using wick trimmers for this process are advisable, and these are available on our website for your convenience - simply click on the Accessories link on the Home Page.
The Benefits of Wick Trimming
- Trimming will minimise the amount of soot that can develop on the inside of the glass jar.
- A common occurrence when burning natural soy wax candles is a build-up of carbon at the end of the wick which will form a "mushroom" shape. If the wick is not trimmed before re-lighting the candle, the "mushroom" will "pop" causing black remnants of the burnt wick to float on the melted wax. These remnants can discolour the wax and become unsightly .
- BLOWING OUT YOUR CANDLE -
We recommend to extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten as this will stop the wicks from smoking after extinguishing. This method also helps with the relighting process next time you wish to use your candle.
- APPEARANCE OF YOUR CANDLE -
Our candles feature a natural soy blend which, in some areas, prevents the wax from fully adhering to the glass jar. These areas will be darker in appearance and are referred to as “wet spots”. This is simply a blemish and common in soy wax but does not impact the burn of the candle in any way.
Do not leave your candle in direct sunlight as this can result in the wax turning yellow. Whilst this does not affect the burn of the candle it can cause the candle to lose its lustrous, creamy colour. Leaving a candle in direct sunlight also exposes the candle to heat which can lead the candle to melt! Be sure to store your candle in a cool dry place under 25 degrees.
- WARNING LABEL DETAILS -
Every candle has a Warning Label adhered to the base for further instructions which we recommend you read prior to lighting your candle. The warning label details can also be found below for your convenience:
WARNING: Failure to follow instructions could result in fire, hazard or injury.
- Never move a lit candle.
- Always keep out of reach of pets and children.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat resistant surface.
- Avoid exposure to drafts.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle flame.
- Stop burning candle when 13mm of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the glass container.
- Do not burn a Jammi & Me candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always store candle in a cool dry place below 25oC away from direct sunlight.
- Ensure candle wicks are upright & trimmed to 7mm during use and each time the candle is re-lit.
- At the end of combustion, a variable quantity of wax may remain.
CAUTION: Container may become hot.